On April 5th, State Auditor Scott Fitzpatrick announced an audit of the Francis Howell R-III School District related to fiscal and operations concerns with the school district. Click here to read the announcement on the state auditor’s website. Costs for the audit will be covered by the state.
Francis Howell Families, members of the Missouri Legislature, and board member Randy Cook have requested that the State Auditor conduct this audit based on concerns regarding fiscal controls on Prop S projects, including a $79M cost overrun on FH North high school.
- What REALLY went wrong resulting in $79M overrun on the new FHN high school
- Francis Howell Families again calls for an external audit of Prop S spending
- Fox2Now: You Paid For It – Push for state audit of Francis Howell School District
- Francis Howell North: 90% Cost Overrun. Follow the shifting estimates
- HUGE Budget OVERRUNS in the Francis Howell School District
- FHSD board votes Dec 16th to accept runaway Francis Howell North High School project
- Missouri Legislators Letter to FHSD Board – December 15, 2021
- Francis Howell Families letter requesting audit – August, 2022
- More Prop S Financial Control Failures at Francis Howell
- Francis Howell admin wants a pass on board request for financial audit
Here’s what you can do:
- Attend a FHSD School board meeting and voice your concerns –
See here for schedule and more information.
- Consider making a donation to help us elect better school board members.
The following email was sent by FHSD on April 6th 2023: